To Implement: Create a Facebook account at www.Facebook.com
View the Facebook Group I created for the Helping Tami Donor Drive
Facebook is a social networking (information sharing) website that allows people to create a free account and post messages, links to websites, an event calendar, photos and videos. You can also send group messags to all of your members for major news and updates.
For the Helping Tami Donor Drive I post some information but have several co-administrators who can also post needed information to the group profile and add updates to the "Wall" which is an area where you can post short notes for group members to read.
You can learn more about what Facebook is and how it works by CLICKING HERE to visit the Facebok website. Or CLICK HERE to read a description of the site on Wikipedia.
Once you get a bunch of people following you on Facebook you can use the site in many different ways to publicize what you are doing. And it's all free!
1. Announce the date, location and time of live marrow drives and ask people to help you spread the word to the people who follow them on Facebook by sharing the information with friends they have on Facebook.
2. Post a link to encourage others to register online.
3. Post the link to your site and ask people to visit it to learn more.
To Publicize your Facebook group you can purchase a custom url (domain name)
Using a website like Namecheap.com you can forward the custom url to your Facebook group if you want a shorter, easier to remember domain name then the one Facebook automatically generates for you.
For instance, Tami's Facebook group url is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63704180755
If I hadn't created a website for Tami I could have used the url I purchased for her: http://HelpingTami.org and forwarded it to the Facebook group so that whenever I wanted to publicize her web presence I could do so with the shorter, better, name.
Here's how you create a Group on Facebook:
First you need to create a Personal Profile Page (above) then you can create an additional "Group Page."
1. Go to your Personal Profile page and click on the "Info" tab.
2. Click on the "See All" tab under "Groups."
3. Click on "Create a New Group" as shown below and the site will walk you through the set up.
4. For more details CLICK HERE
Below is what a Facebook Group Page looks like: