To Implement: Create a Twitter account at www.Twitter.com
View the Twitter profile I created for the Helping Tami donor drive.
Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging (information sharing) website that allows people to create a free account and post messages of 140 characters or less so that others who are "following" them can see what new information is posted almost instantaneously.
You can learn more about what Twitter is and how it works by CLICKING HERE to visit the Twitter website. Or CLICK HERE to read a description of the site on Wikipedia.
Once you get a bunch of people following you on Twitter you can use the site in many different ways to publicize what you are doing. And it's all free!
1. Announce the date, location and time of live marrow drives and ask people to help you spread the word to the people who follow them on Twitter.
2. Post updates on how you're feeling or about your treatment.
3. Post the link to your website in your profile on the sidebar.
4. Post the link to your site and ask people to visit it to learn more.
5. Link your blog to your Twitter account using www.Twitterfeed.com or www.TweetFeed.com. This way each time you create a blog post it will also publish on Twitter for you with no additional effort.
|This is what Tami's Twitter Profile looks like: We mostly use her profile to lead people to her blog. Using www.Twitterfeed.com as described above.
|This is what the updates look like: The most current update is at the top of the page. The rest follow below the current update and all include the "http" link in blue that takes readers directly to her blog to read the entire update there.
The link below after "Web" is to Tami's website.