To Set Up a Custom Site You Will Need:
• A URL
• A Website Hosting Service
• A Web Designer
• A Web Developer
Custom: $0 to several thousands of dollars
Caring Bridge: $0 a free service
Caring Pages: $0 a free service
A website can help you to:
• Educate people about your disease
• Educate visitors about marrow donation
• Educate visitors about transplants
• Help people to locate a local donor drive
• Spread the word to those not in the registry
• Can keep your friends and family up to date
• Keep your Volunteers up to date
• Launch an online donor drive
• Post Photos
• Post Videos
• Generate interest from your local media
There is simply no better way to launch a Marrow drive faster and further then to do it online. You will reach so many more people then by word of mouth alone. Giving the people you know a link tthey can forward to their family and friends will increase your reach immediately.
You can direct people to the "Be The Match" web page with the zip code locater that shows people where live drives are being hosted nationwide so they can find and attend one to get registered.
Also with registration kits now available online people have have them sent to their homes to join the registry by mail.
How to Create Your Website
Basically there are two options:
1. Custom: If you or someone you know or who wants to volunteer to build you a site can, building a site from scratch can be done quickly and cost efficiently. If you need to hire someone to build a site costs can add up rapidly with a site costing from hundreds to thousands of dollars
2. From a template: For a super easy site you can use a site like CaringBridge.org. There you can quickly post a bio, photos and an online journal that works similarly to a blog. Guests can visit your site for updates and leave comments on the journal.